Monday, November 10, 2008

Where does the time go???


To get everyone updated .. my Stamp-a-Stack was a great success!! There were 17 stampers who made a total of 380 cards in four hours!! I think everyone had a great time and had a relaxed day of stamping. It was so much fun. As for my craft show last weekend. All I can say is WOW!!!! I had the highest sales in my craft show experience! I sold out (or have one left) of at least four items, which are my top items and I thought I had made enough for the whole craft show season. Well, I have a lot of work to get done in the next two weeks to get ready for my next shows. But it is really fun work and customers came and gave me more ideas etc. I especially like it when last years customers come back and share with me what they did with the items they purchased the year before and how much they like them. I feel like I have made a difference in there life .. even though it is a small one. I saw so many people I know, it was so much fun seeing everyone and meeting new people also!!

OK you are here not to read all of this but to get more ideas. I made a few mini flip out albums like the Halloween one I had show. I started with a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock and scored it at 6" in both directions with my Score-Pal. (Great tool!!) Then cut one of the scores to the center and folded it up. After it is folded I like to cut off about 1/2" from each side so they are now even. When you fold them there is bulk from the other sections and this makes the sides nice and flat and even. Then I decorated the pages with my favorite set Always Remember, Friendship Strips, flower and oval punches, ribbon, dotted Swiss Cuttlebug embossing folder, tags and pull outs and Reese Soar with it Collection. These are easy and fun to make!

Last Tues (election day) I played hooky in the afternoon since we had 70 degree plus weather! It was great to get to go for a walk at the Arboretum with friends. Then I worked a few hours on Wed, Thurs and Friday afternoon (between stamping) getting my leaves done. But the leaves had not all fallen yet. Then the temperatures started to drop ... sleet ... rain and then this morning I woke up to about 2" of snow!! That is northeast Ohio for you, quick change of seasons. I still have leaves on the treas. Yuck!! Oh .. but no one told me I would get MORE birds coming to my feeder .... and more different types!!! I really enjoy watching them. There are so many more there this morning, it is do much fun watching them all. I need to get going and get some work done. Have two big workshops this week and lots of stamping and cleaning to do. My stamp room is unbelievable ..... I am not sure I will ever see the tables again. Have a great day and blessings.

1 comment:

Rita Holmes said...

Visit my blog. You have an award waiting for you.