Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Gift Card Holder

This week just flew by .. my computer crashed and I could not use it for a few days but then I had an angel come over and help me out! Thanks Dan! But I did not have my printer until last night and guess what .. I fixed that myself. YES ME!! Well, I had two wonderful large workshops this week, worked hard on making new items for my upcoming craft fairs, and got part of my craft room cleaned. Yes .. that really kept me busy.

Here is one of the projects I have been making. (This is the project I was making.) It really started as a mistake .. I cut the paper the wrong way after I had folded this project but then discovered it was really a good idea. See mistakes are good in paper crafting.
Here are some quick directions:
  1. Start with a 6 x 12 piece of card stock
  2. With your fabulous Scor-pal, score the longest side at 3", 6" and 9"
  3. Score the shortest side at 2" for the pocket
  4. Fold the 2" side up and use red line or Scor-tape on the ends to hold it securely
  5. The fold on the other score lines like an accordion
  6. I glued the middle two sections together, but you do not have to it can be open
  7. Then decorate. The finished book is 3" x 4".
I used Holly Flourishes, my Big Shot and the Christmas die, ribbon, Stickles, colored pencils, mounting tape, Vintage Holidays (retired) and Fun Bet (retired). The 'for you' is from Trendy Holiday Tags. It is a stamp with two lines ... the the great thing about The Angel Company's stamps is that you can cut them and use them how ever you would like. So, I needed it to be one line, so I cut it. I can now use it either way. I made three IOU cards for the pockets and the other pocket can have a gift card put in or money, or if you want to give more gift cards, put all of the IOU's on one pocket. This came from ideas I heard from my last craft show from my gift card book that sold out. I hope to post more of these this week. Hope you like it! I will have some at my next few shows and will be selling them at Jenniffer & Co Salon also. Blessings

No comments: