Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring into April

I am loving the Spring into April promotional stamp sets from The Angel Company! I will be posting for the next three days with cards from each of the three sets. Here is a link to cards I have already posted using these sets too. These sets are available only until April 30 with a $30 order and they are either $5 or $7 a set. They are great. For these samples I have used the paper collection Lilly Anna in the pinks, blues, greens and whites. I decided the bird would look good with a tail too ... so I stamped the heart in the set three times and cut them out to make him a tail. I pulled out my favorite coloring method, water color crayons to color the bird. I prefer using the Niji water brush with the crayons and i take the color off of the bottom of they crayon so I can save the tips for direct to rubber stamping. Some of my crayons have at least a 1/2" indent on the bottom of them since i use them so much .... but they will last a lifetime! I love the way you can get depth with just one color on this one (future projects i will show you how to get depth with two colors from the same family). Just put down a light layer of color and then add a little darker color where you want it to be darker. I added some scoring with my Scor-pal for detail, a little highlight on the green paper with my glitter gel pen, and a bow from the matching ribbon set for Lilly Anna.

I had a great Mojo class last night, another tonight and one on Sunday and Monday. If you haven't signed up for a class yet and want to be sure to let me know soon. Here is a link to a sneak of those cards. I have a double pocketed gift card or chocolate or tea bag holder, Mother's day cards, a great inside pop up card, a mini card photo album and more. I feature using different color combinations, using the Scor-pal for decorative backgrounds and watercolor crayons. I do sell the call direction sheets with pictures if you are not local ... just contact me for information.

Today is a cleaning day getting ready for my friends to come on Thurs. Ave a great tax day!! Mine are already in. Blessings

2 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute and clever Rita! As usual!

Unknown said...

Such clever use of the heart for the bird's tail! You definitely think outside the box! I love it!! Can I be like you when I grow up!! LOL!