Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring into April

The Angel Company is having three different months of savings on new stamp sets! You can get all of the three new sets each month at a discounted price with a $30 order during Spring into April. The sets are great too! Here are a few samples I made with my Spring into April sets. On all three cards I used my Scor-Pal. How did I create before I got this fabulous tool???? I use it on almost every project I make any more. Notice the embossed lines in the background on all of them, this is my favorite thing to do. Make unusual embossed backgrounds for my cards and then put the images and papers on top. It makes them look so much more professional.

The top left card is very simple but I think elegant with the scored background, cut out image colored with colored pencils, black script words and a simple ribbon. I used Forever Friend . This is a classic set with beautiful script words and two bouquets of flowers

I love the new cupcake set, Sweet Thing, on the bottom left. I used four different colors from the same pattern paper from one of TAC's Designer Collections and scored a grid on the background for them. I used a new tool, the Zutter Round it all, to round the corners. I did all four at the same time! Isn't that cool. I love this tool for rounding corners of multiple papers at one time. It is really a time saver. Then I paper pieced the cupcake and added crystal Stickles on the frosting for accent. The background for the cupcake is three punched scalloped squares. I used our new Tombow white gel pen to highlight the black scallops and the black Slick Writer marker to highlight the white. I love the accents.

And on the card at the right, I used Friends, which matches very well with the new Serendipity set, A kind of Gratitude. And these two sets match very closely to one of most favorite things, Vera Bradley Java Blue ... so I will be creating with these two sets in the future using those colors! I used a scrap of TAC's Cha Cha SWIC and punched two holes in it with my Crop-a-dile to add a black ribbon, colored and cut out the bird and used my Scor-pal for the embossed lines on the white and black paper. I used the new Tombow White gel pen to add stitching lines on the valleys of the embossed lines on the black.

Last week was such a busy week for me with so much on my plate, I am working to try and catch up this week. I promise to get my newsletter out soon and keep the blog up better this week. Have a great day and blessings to all!

No comments: