Monday, January 21, 2008

Amberly Grace

I love the new Amberly Grace Soar with It Collection!! The colors and hues are so relaxing and appealing to the eye. The card here was made with one of the printed papers for the background and then I added a few tricks! The bird is paper pieced using a set called Butter Bees and More. This stamp set matches the images in the paper!! There are even tags with the stamp images on them ... now isn't that the best! The script paper is cut from the paper you see in the top background ... I then used the Bind it All to punch the holes in the top for dimension. I love that look! The beige paper is stamped with the new Level C Hostess set! I was so thrilled that we got one of each of the Hostess level sets at the Escape that TAC hosted for us in San Antonio! I used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes in it also to make it look like real paper. The words on it are "miles from ordinary" which are from BooKoo Blessings. But the coolest thing is the little jewel dots at the bottom of the card. Here is a closer look! They are cut out of the strip with the paper name and TAC on it .... that is usually throw away! It has 6 dots with the colors of the paper line. I cut them out, attached them to the card and then put Crystal Lacquer on top of them to make them pop. They actually took like jewel embellishments but are really paper. Now isn't that a great idea to add embellishments to your work with the scarps you usually throw away. Remember you can click on the image to see it larger!

The other project is a little album we made at Escape. It is made with 3 x 3 page protectors. Aren't these cute ... my mind has so many ideas for these ... I need to get an order in soon! This one was made with two page protectors but it could be make with more or you can put regular pages inside for a larger album. All we did was slip paper into the page protectors, attach a tag from the matching tag page and add ribbons and floss that match! We stamped 'Enjoy Life" from BooKoo Blessings set with matching ink. Totally it took about 10 minutes! This is really a KISS project! (Keep it simple stamper)

I have so many beautiful things to show everyone from Escape ... if you are local be sure to let me know if you can attend my Open House this Friday night from 6-9:30 at Faith Lutheran Church in Mentor! Blessings.

3 comments:

abhall76 said...

I LOVE this! It is sooo neat and a great way to use everything! Thanks for sharing Rita

Lisa T said...

Rita = That is an AMAZING idea to use those little circles! I love it! I didn't even notice those 3X3 page protectors in the new catty. I have been looking for more products/ideas aimed at scrappers. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Kimberly said...

Rita,

Gal, you got some style!! :) I like your blogspot template.. great minds think alike!!

Take a look at mine..
artsyangel.blogspot

IT was so much fun seeing you at LAG!!

Kimberly Onofre