Friday, July 25, 2008

Diamond Island was GREAT!!


I just got home from an amazing trip to a little island in Michigan, it is so small ... NO stores, ferry takes 1-2 cars at a time, no TV and BEAUTIFUL!!! It was so relaxing and fun. I went with an group of fellow angels from IL and OH and we share projects, stamped, laughed, told stores, and ate .. a lot!! Here is one picture of a sunset there. It was great to be on the dock or anywhere near the water. There is such a beautiful breeze there, I loved how clean and refreshed it made me feel.

We all shared a project with the group and they were all amazing!! Here is one that Dawnmarie D shared with us that is so beautiful. It is a important date keeper for birthdays, anniversaries etc.! We used TAC's new Angelee SWIC which is so peaceful with it's color tones. It has an accordion spine, which we made with our Scor-pal, library pockets, covered tag board for the front and back, and pull outs to put the dates to reminder on. The accordion spine does not show in the book but it keeps the pockets in place. When I got home I stamped the pockets with the monthly Date Disks and a smaller stamp from with Criss Cross (Level B Hostess Set), Mini Occasions, and others to represent the months. I used my favorite, Always Remember with the alphabet set, Simple-Bet for the cover. She printed the pages from her computer and we cut them up for each of the month. I was thinking about putting ribbons them to pull them out with but I think I do not want this book to get too embellished since I want to use it by my phone. I really needed a new one of these so I was really glad we could make it. I will be sharing more of our great projects from the island later this weekend. Enjoy the sun and blue skies today! Blessings to all!!

*** Other angels from the island will be posting their versions of the same project so check them out also. So far Meri has her's posted. We both had the same idea of using the Date Disks on the inside. I stamped mine right on the pages she stamped hers and punched them out and then added them with flourish stamps. We hope to do this will all of the projects we made. So keep watching!

2 comments:

Tricia T said...

This is fantastic!! I'd love the instructions for this. And that Angelee paper is beautiful. Guess I'll have to put it on my next order. :)

Debra Hensley said...

Fabulous project Rita! Thanks for sharing. I always am inspired when I visit your blog..

Angel Hugs
Debra # 2836