Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gingerbread Gallore!

 Yesterday I went to one of my most favorite places to be, The Cleveland Botanical Gardens.  It is beautiful all year long but especially so at Christmas time since they have cool gingerbread houses people make on display.  So for the next few days I will be sharing some of them with you.  Today some of my favorites.  This one is a mushroom house that was decorated inside and out .... so cute!

 Here is a close up of the mice in the front.  There is a mouse inside too!


This Victorian house was gorgeous!


Many of them were replicas of local landmarks ... this is Zion Lutheran Church in Fairport, OH out here on the east side where I live.  It is really nicely done.


Talk about beautiful smells!  This one smells like gingerbread and all things sweet .... just like the house!  I loved standing by this one.


 This one was just an ordinary house like you would see here in Cleveland or could it be the home in the movie ... The Christmas Story???


Another home like in the area.


This one was called 'House Divided' .... it took me a while to figure it all out but the house is split, the cookie pieces laying around are in the shape of the states (as in the US) and then notice they are red and blue for the parties.  Very clever idea! But where is Ohio???


 I just liked this one.


 ..... and this one.


Here is a little train ... which was another thread throughout the gardens since they have a train running for the kids and other train related decorations.

And for all of you locals ... you will recognize this as our  famous West side market that is celebrating it's 100 th year birhtday this year.

Tomorrow I will share with you the first place winner and a few more.  I hope you are enjoying them as much as I did.



No comments: