Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Cup of Love



The set A Cup of Love from The Angel Company is a fun and playful set for many different types of cards, occasions and seasons.  Here I used one of the cups and the chick to make a stand up secret message card for a 'Sweet Friend'. The paper is from TAC's retired Finger Paint Pad. This card is an A2 and  will lay flat to fit into an A2 envelop but when it is creased it will stand up on it's own.  I colored the images with Copic markers.  The chick was cut out but I left a large rectangle on the bottom so I could stamp a message on it.  As you can see in the next few pictures that the chick pulls out of the cup and the hidden message appears.


 I will have a complete tutorial for this card on a latter post.  I used two different sizes of punches for the flowers.  The largest flower has a large black gem in the center but the others were too small so I colored the centers with a black Copic and then added glitter.


 Here you can see the message is pulled out.  When I attached the cup to the red card stock I only taped the edges of the cup (like you would for a pocket) so the message would slide between the layers.


The red card stock is not attached all of the way across the yellow card stock so it will allow the paper to curve.  I added doodles around the edges for accent and of course my favorite clear gel glitter pen all over for highlights.


 For my second card I decided to make a gift card (check or money) holder.  This is a smaller card with finished measurements of 3 1/2 by  4 1/2.  On the front I used the kitty and colored again with Copic Markers.  I cut her paws out with a craft knife so I could put mounting cushion under them and they would look like they are pulling up on the ribbon.  The set has flowers, holly, and a spider web so this card could be made for any occasion.  I used a corner punch on the top corners and then you will see the matching edge punch used on the inside of the card.  The words on this card are include in A Cup of Love stamps set.


 The bottom edge I stamped with the flowers for an accent and the kitty has clear gel glitter pen for highlights.  


 Now on the inside of the card I attached two folds, like we use for pop up cards, but only attached them to each other on the edges, allowing the middle to have a gift card, note, small jewelry, money or check slide between.  I again used the punch, flowers and kitty on the inside.   This card will stand up open on it's own also.


 My third card is a bookmark card using the kitty.  I stamped the kitty on larger piece of white card stock and then cut around the kitty but left a large rectangle at the bottom which is attached to a layer of red card stock.  This then I stamped the pens and words for a bookmark.


 I used a flower punch on red card stock for the embellishments, attached a black flower gem and then added gold Stickles for the centers.  I love this look!  I did a little doodling around the corners with a black fine lined Copic pen.


 The words on the book mark are from the set You are Awesome.  Notice how I lined up the stamps so part of the words are hidden until you pull the book mark out.


 The garter that holds the bookmark in place is made from two oval punches scored and folded in half.  They have on hole punched on one end so the ribbon can be run through and tied tightly to hold the bookmark in place.  When I attached them to the card I had the bookmark between them to get the spacing just the way I wanted it.


 The pens are part of the Cup of Love set but here I choose to stamped it twice as a border instead of inside of one of the cups.


 Some of you are probably thinking these cards look too hard or too complicated to make ...... they really aren't but if you need a quick card this set can do that also!  Here I stamped the flowers as the background and then added simple layered words with a few flowers colored at the bottom.


 I used an edge punch along the bottom edge and ribbon which has half knots tied every half inch or so and then attached to the bottom of the card with tape.  This is a quick and fast way to embellish your cards.  Of course the colored flowers have accents of clear gel glitter so they sparkle!


 Oh .... since I am a dog lover (but not a poodle lover) I just had to make something using the dog image also!  I know many people carry dog treats in their purse for their dog or other's so I decorated a small clam shells that TAC's stamps come in just for that purpose.


 I used my fine line Copic marker to draw a line under the dog so it looks like he is leaning against it, plus it grounds the image.  This image is also colored with Copic makers.  Notice the layers have only two of the corners rounds, on the diagonal, which acts as a design element.


 Here are the little treats I have inside!  Notice that the inside is finished off also by attaching the black layer from the inside and then the red and white layers are attached on the outside.   I added words layered in the same colors and ribbons to match.


I hope you enjoyed viewing some of my projects using this set.  If you did you may enjoying visiting this post since it uses the same set but in fall colors.  Blessings!

7 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

So cute! great use of the set!

Debra Hensley said...

All your cards are wonderful! I'll have to take a look at this set again... great job!

Angela K said...

These are just wonderful! TFS

Chelsea said...

these are sooo cute! FABULOUS!

Mischelle said...

WOWzers Rita! Absolutely darling!

Glittered Paws said...

Love them all - especially the artist card. The doggie treats are also cute cute cute.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

what great projects! Love them all. So creative!