Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Random Patterns


The first set to be featured in TAC's 'You make February Fabulous' is 'Random Patterns' and the designer is Mischelle Smith herself!  You can view her fabulous designs HERE and HERE.  They are totally amazing!!!  This stamp set was originally a Stamp of the Month in 2009. To view this set and the other BLAST from the PAST Mischelle will be FEATURING on Thursday February 10th go to Random Images and Pea Pickin'. I will be truthful ... I really did not like this set 'Random Patterns' and it was in my get rid of set of stamps ... yes ... we all have to do that sometime to get more beautiful stamps we love.  But when I saw what Mischelle did with it I had to take it out of that stack and try it myself.  It really is an easy set to design with too.


I decided to use the frame and flower images for my cards.  I make a background with the frame and added a flower inside each frame with a different color of ink. I wanted it to be a bold card to brighten someone's day when they are not feeling well.  Then I switched the colors with the images to stamp the focal point.  I mounted it on black cardstock and added the words inside from the retired set 'Thoughts of you'.  For the embellishments I stamped three flowers, cut them out leaving a small edge of white showing, added a black sequence in the center, and then a drop of Turquoise Stickles in the center.  These were then added at different heights with mounting cushion.


And one more feature .... I trimmed the right edge of the front so the inside would show from the outside.  I stamped just the edge of the frame in the blue ink as a border along the inside edge.  I love how it sneaks out and adds a little more punch of color to the card.

Now if you have this set be sure to add your creation to Mischelle's blog to be entered into TAC's weekly contest!  And remember all of the featured sets are available during the month of February for 25% off!

It is a REAL snow day here today and they are saying tomorrow too, so I will be working in the studio both days after I get a few more things done this morning.  I need to get Valentines made for my store to sell .... yes ... I will show all of you guys too!

Now  go see what everyone else is doing ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty wild! Love the bright colors!

Mischelle said...

I LOVE what you did with this Rita! I might have to pull this set back out and make some cards!

Chelsea said...

WOW! These are awesome Rita! Great samples! I wish that I had this set to play with right now!

Maria said...

Bright and Pretty, I think it would cheer up any one. Great job!