Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Look what I made .....


Craft show season is just around the corner so I have been working the last few weeks trying to get ready for my March 12 show.  Yesterday and today I worked on making these Box of Blessings ... 14 of them!!  A Box of Blessings is an accordaian file for cards that will hold lots of greeting cards.  I sell mine with 8 cards inside with hand stamped envelopes included but they will hold more than twice that many.  All I have to do to them is put the fasteners on the front to close them. Don't they look pretty all lined up there in a row!!


 As you can see I used lots of different types of decorative papers. I made 7 with a base of black and 7 with a base of dark brown.


 The flowers on the front were cut from with my Cricut from the Wild Card Cartridge. I cut four different sizes and then ran through my Big Shot with an embossing folder (both Sizzix and Cuddlebug). I put them together with mounting cushion between the four flowers so they would have a nice raised look.


I am not remembering which cartridge (I use my Gypsy) I cut the leaves from but I did score down the middle with my Scor-pal so they have a little texture.  The Scor-pal makes this a really easy project to make!!  You can see the accordion folding on the side panels in the above picture.

We made these last year at my Angelic Impressions Gathering with a handle but I was having a hard time traveling with them to shows since the handle made them too hard to pack ...... so I did not put it on these to them easier to pack and carry.  You can see another post with these on them HERE.  I do have the class for sale in my store if you want to make one too!


The cards are not all the same in each one but here is a sample of one of the boxes.  I used the scrapes from the decorative papers, small embossed flowers, embossing folders and my favorite TAC word sets to make the cards.


As you can see the designs are not really hard but I think they all have a nice clean finished look. I try to include at least two birthday and two sympathy cards in each Box of Blessings.



So I hope they sell ... do you think they will? I am selling them for $20 each.  I am hoping that last falls great shows will continue this year so I want to have a lot made up and ready to sell.  And with Cleveland's weather this is a great time to get a lot made.

Be sure to check out Savory Blog to continue with the Fabulous February events.  Yesterday was my friend Heather Scott's day and she made up some really cute finger puppets with her projects.  Today is the talented Chris Franco and she show ways to color images with different medium.  There are still a lot of great designers ready to show their creations with you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! These are fabulous! You've really been busy! Hope you do great at the craft fairs!

Chelsea said...

Love these boxes and the white on white cards ... GORGEOUS!