Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One Layer Wonders Challenge

 Here is a card I made today for the One Layer Wonders Challenge on the TACPC, TAC's  Paper Crafting Community. Check out the link to see what everyone is making!  I had punched out a lot of snow flacks from glitter paper this fall for my Snowman Popcorn Gift card holders and saved the negatives to use as a border for cards.  So today I took the negatives and turned them upside down onto this card front and sponged over it to make these snow flacks .... I can still use them as borders also since the ink is on the back of the negatives.  Then I sponged along the edge of the card for accent with the same color ink.
 I used the snowman from Winter Flurries and colored it with colored pencils, gray Towbow maker,  and glitter pen.  I also added glitter pen to the spokes of each of the snowflakes.
Then I stamped the words from Merry Wishes at the bottom in black ink and then again in the same color of blue ink stamping off first to get the second generation of the ink and off set it.  I like the way this turned out ..... no layers, no ribbons, not embellishments!  It is only one half sheet of paper ... how inexpensive can cards get!!

I worked most of the day today on a few stamping projects I wanted to get started and wow .... I totally finished one of them!!!  YEA ME!!!  It is cold,  slippery and snowy today so it was a good day to stamp and be creative.   You will see my projects sometime this month.  I need a sunnier day to take pictures.

No comments: