Monday, January 17, 2011

Coloring with Copics

 Well this past weekend I did a little coloring with my Copics and some Magnolia stamps I had already stamped.  It was a little break from organizing and sorting in my studio.  I do want to say I am making great head way and only have to go through a few more cabinets and then figure out where I will put things that I do not use all of the time .... but my studio is coming together very well.

I am so excited to start teaching my Copic classes next week ... I have some wonderful worksheet made up to use for the course.  I am making them 4 x 6 to go into a small photo album so students will have a finished book full of techniques.  The first course in the basics and is 3 hours for $20 (which includes your photo album).  Then I will have smaller 2.5 hour classes for $15 to go along with it to teach additional techniques.  I have already started preparing for the second one which will be using the Colorless blender.  I am really happy with my ideas and planning for these classes. 
In fact one of the techniques I will be teaching in the second class is the bricks in this card.  In the first class you will learn how to select makers, ink and papers and the basics including blending with circles, feathering, tip-to-tip, and with a palette.  I came up with some worksheets to really help the visual learner (like me) to understand the difference between saturation and brightness with your markers. Let me know if you are interested in attending .... I will take five per class and already have some people signed up for them.  I will share more of my cards this week.

No comments: