Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Medical Inforamtion Books

This project that has been in the works for about a year and a half. I wanted to make a medical book to keep all of a person/families medical information in it so if it is needed it is quick to get and share with medical personal. I knew it had to be made so the information could be changed and I wanted it to have easy access, easy to use, and a complete source for your medical information. I finally came up with the design I was looking for. I am so happy with the outcome!! I previewed it at my last craft show last Saturday and sold 13 of them right off the bat!!
I used my Bind-it-all and colored chipboard for the covers, and my Cricut to do the design elements. I used a retired TAC for some of the covers and the rest I printed on my computer.
The ribbon on the front can be used to hold prescriptions or other important papers you need inside along with the fabric covered rubber band on the back cover. The band on the back can be sued as a bookmark for the pockets or to hold it closed also.
I really wanted it to able to be used for males and females so I did not glam it up too much.
There are six inside pockets that hold file cards where you can print out your information. The pockets are labeled: emergency contacts, medications, doctors, insurance, medical history and a I left one blank to be filled in by the owner (blood pressure, weight, blood sugar etc.).


On the inside front cover I put a large label to put your name, allergies, birthday, phone and address.
If you wanted to use this for the whole family, then you could get colored file cards and use one color for each family member. A copy of your medical card would be great to keep in it also. I recommend carrying it with you when you travel alone so you have the information you need, use if for your babysitters, give it to a neighbor if you live alone, and carry it with you to the DR or hospital. I do have some of these in my Etsy store if you want to see more pictures or would like to purchase one for yourself. Blessings

No comments: