Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

Here is another of my favorite retiring sets, Giraffe. I made this card for my May Mojo class and loved the simplicity in the look and the construction. The words are from Trendy Greetings, a universal set for all occasions, and the dots are from one of my other favorite sets, Linear Sentiments. Check on my side bar or here to see and many other creations I have done with that set. It is a keeper! No it is not retiring ... at least it is not on the list. I used Nude ink to stamp the background with the word stamp, Giraffe. The ribbon is run through slits on the sides of his neck and on the inside too. I love to use the Round-it all for the corners of the card also.

I had a really fun and busy weekend. Saturday I went with angels and friends to a Copic 101 class in who knows where in OH!!! It was an outstanding class and I learned a lot ... yes I have been practicing and you will see some of them soon. I got lots of great new pictures too! Cows.... of my!! more flowers, antiques, sunset, cute puppy and friends, and more. I had a great time and we all laughed a lot in my car! I was going to post some new samples today but my batteries need charged for my camera ... later on though.

Then Saturday I attended a 60 th birthday party for a dear friend of mine who still looks 30 ish. It was great getting to see friends I have not seen in a while and just relax and spend time with them. Yes ... more pictures ... balloons, birthday cake, presents OH MY!! It was fun. I would like to send out a prayer for a teacher I worked with., Mary, who has been hit with cancer and on her last leg of her battle. She is young and a blessing to so many. Please help her to have a peaceful and pain free transitions in her month(s) to come. Thanks everyone! I have been so blessed to have so many wonder friends. Blessings to all of you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love how you wove the ribbon through the card! So clever! And it's a great card, too!

Jamie said...

Lots of fun. Yes, I also like how you did the ribbon. Can't wait to see your Copic practice.

KellyRae said...

Yum! I love the classic safari look to this and I totally go for the layout. Perfect.

AmethystCat said...

what a fun idea! I love how the slit takes the ribbon behind the giraffe! super!

Laurie said...

I love the colors! Like everyone else has said, I love how you attached the ribbon!

Bridgett Owens said...

What a great card. I am surprised the giraffe is retiring. I like him a lot. Fun with the linear sentiments and ribbon! I like the giraffe word stamped in nude ink across the back of the cardstock. Super fun!

I'd love to go to a copics class around here. It would be wonderful!