Friday, November 28, 2008

Mini albums with the BIA



Hope everyone had a wonderful day on Thanksgiving!! I know I did!! I even enjoyed leftovers today!

I made these mini albums last week for my craft fairs and thought I would share them. My next show will be Dec. 6 at St Mary's in Chardon, if you are local and can come visit. I used my new Bind it All ... it is really neat ... and the brown 1 1/4" brown wires. Doesn't it look fun with all of those ribbons! I made them with two different paper collections, Sands of Times and Willoughby. I added smaller pages which are a different color of paper on the inside for extra pictures or for journaling. So some of the pages are 5 x 8" and some are smaller. I love using my flower punches and on these I added flowers on each spread and on the front and back covers of the book. The front cover is acetate so you can see through it and the flowers are on the first page of the books (you see them through the cover). The back cover is a very strong sturdy piece of chipboard. It is so thick and it went through the BIA with no problems at all! I did not add any stamping or words inside so they could be used for many different occasions.

For the 3D flower on the cover, I punched out two flowers from different papers, scored a line down the middle of each of the petals and then pinched them. They are then attached to each other with mounting cushion. I love this 3D look! I added folded ribbon then for the petals. Remember you can click on the pictures to see a closer look. I am taking a mini trip on Saturday and will be teaching all day on Sunday so I probably will not be able to add more until next week. Have a great weekend! Blessings

No comments: