Thursday, June 26, 2008

Linear Sentiments part 2


OK.. so it wasn't Blogger that was the problem yesterday .. my computer saved my scans as .tif instead of .jpg so it would not take the pictures. I am glad I figured it out!! Here is the dotted flower from 'Linear Sentiments', used as a background stamps in a light pink on beige card stock. The tag is from the new Kit Natalee, the dragonfly is from the new Level C Hostess set (which I love!!) and the word 'friendship' is from the new Level A Hostess set called 'Laughter'. The dotted flower looks quite different from yesterday's cards! Crystal Stickles is added for extra bling!

The second card used the dotted circle from the set done in a darker shade. I then stamped 'thank you' from 'Ordinary Greetings' in Burnt Umber inside each of the circles. I used the Scor-pal to add embossed lines on each side of the sentiment stripe. The flower at the top was punched out with one of our new flower punches from the scraps from the new circle kit Sydney. Oh, I added more Crystal Stickles!

The last card I again used the scrapes from the new circle kit Sydney for the curved corner. The main flower was stamped once and then twisted 90 degrees and stamped again without re-inking to have the dirty stamped and layered look. I put Crystal Stickles in all of the dots! It really shines.

This is a timeless and classic set that has so much potential! All of the cards I did are quick and easy and remember I did them on a filled stamping table too!! Today I finished cutting out all of my new sets, getting them in DVD cases and labeled, cleaned off my stamping table, organized my trades. They are great!! Lots of good ideas! If you want to see them and try the new stamps be sure to come to my Open House on July 12!! Blessings

No comments: