Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nugget Purses

Really been on the move the last 5 days! The craft show was wonderful and I came home a lot lighter with crafts! YEAH!! I am calling today to get into more jury shows for the fall. I promised to share the directions here for the little nugget purse I made. I went to do it a few times but had forgotten to take a picture of them before the craft show. These are the only three I have left! So here goes ..
  1. Cut scraps of card stock to 1 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Mine are totally from my scrape basket! And a printed paper 3/8 x 4 inches.
  2. Score the card stock at 1 1/4, 2 1/4 and 3 1/2 inches
  3. On the end that is one inch (flap of purse) round the corners and punch two holes on the fold for the ribbon handle.
  4. Tape the printed paper around the flap of the purse and tape on the inside only. This allows the flap of the purse to slid into the printed paper to close the purse.
  5. Add ribbon handle and nugget and you are done!
  6. I stamped some of mine with words,'giggle', 'thanks', 'love you' etc. and some I left black so they could add their own words. You can add flowers, or background stamping or anything your creative heart wishes to decorate them with.
Have fun with this!! Blessings

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

Cute idea! I think that I'll be using this soon! Perfect for Easter!