Monday, February 2, 2015

In Memory of Arden

This past weekend we gathered to say goodbye to a dear friend and amazing artist, Arden Palmer (1930-2015).  She has been a friend of mine since the mid 1990's and was a member of our rubber stamping group named, The TAC-eee Ladies.  We have been getting together monthly to rubber stamp or craft since the late 1990's.  Arden was an amazing artist and her sense of color and coloring techniques always were beyond belief.  She naturally had the instinct for adding shading and just the right touches of colors (purples, blues etc.) to birds and flowers to make them look like they do in nature.  I admired her for independence, willingness to help others and strong sense of self.  She came into my life when I needed a strong independent person to look up to and she helped me so much.  She spoke her truth all the time and talked with everyone she ran into.  I loved to hear her stories of the people she met at the grocery or post office and the unusually conversations they got into.  They always made me laugh and taught me little things along the way. Arden was my Gabby's, my blind dog, best friend and was her babysitter for many years when I went out of town.  I learned so much about birds, flowers, cooking and God from her.  She has and will continue to teach me my own life lessons. I have resolved this year to be more like her by speaking my truth more, talking to strangers more and living in the moment.  Arden will be missed greatly here on earth but God sure does have a great painter for our sunrise and sunset that all of us will get to enjoy.  God bless you Arden!!

No comments: