Thursday, January 30, 2014

Playing with Stains & Stencils

With all of this cold snowy weather I have had some time to play!!  I was playing with my Distress Stains (my favorite things right now) and stencils to see what I could do.  I used a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop for the background giving a tiled look. I applied the stain with the Tim Holtz Distress tool tapped it into a puddle of stain and dabbing with an up and down motion over the stencil.  I like that look the best.  For the fern, I made my own stencil with a Spellbinders foliage die and dabbed the stain right over the stencil and it soaked in a little more.  Not the look I really like.  But it is good to try different ways of doing things. The flower is cut with a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs called Flowers #1 and cut from vellum!!!  I then used my Distress Stains to color the vellum.  I love this look a lot!  The word stamp is from Paper Smooches called 'Pretty Phases' and the little dots are a stamp from a set called 'Petals & Stems' from Avery Elle.  I also added a light blue Stickles for dots.  I love how it came out!! 

No comments: