Friday, February 10, 2012

Poppy

This week I spend a few days designing for Just for Fun Design's presentation boards.  For the next few weeks I will be sharing those designs with you.  This one is using the poppy stamp.  I used Copic colors R35, R37 and R39 to color. I edged the poppy in B0000 and the die cut piece is edge with a yellow.  I used two different embossing folders from Sizzix for the die cut (Spellbinders) and the background.  The burgundy ribbon does match it better than it looks in the photo.  I added a pearl and used a Martha Steward punch for accent.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  I will have another version of this same stamp tomorrow.

On Monday I started a card ministry at my church and I was so pleased with the way the cards turned out.  I had 9 ladies, only two with any stamping experience, and they turned out 50 cards of four designs in 2 hours.  They are were beautiful!!  They all told me they had a good time too .... and I know that the recipients of the cards will enjoy them also.

2 comments:

Jane P. said...

The last 2 flower cards have been awesome! Great inspiration.

Donna said...

Beautiful card Rita, it just pop's!