Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Aztec Gold Sunflowers

'Aztec Gold Sunflowers 1' and 'Aztec Gold Sunflowers 2' are both limited edition sets from Heartfelt Creations and will only be available until Dec of 2011 .... that coming up soon.  These were some of the first HC stamps I purchased last spring.  What I like about them is that they go with the Blossoms 2 Nestabilities  so you can cut them easily and quickly.  But what is also nice is that they have other sets that also go with the same Nestabilities!!  So you can get variety with your flowers but use the same nesties to cut them out.  I do sell both Spellbinders and Heartfelt Creations products if you want to get them.

The green feathery like leaf is from one of the matching sets  to the Blossoms 2 Nestie called 'Innoscents Flowers 2'.  The outside words are from the set 'Classic Messages' and the inside words are from the set called 'Belated Birthday Wishes.' 

When I cut them out,  I put the largest flower die down and then the next smaller one inside of the largest die and then ran it through my Big Kick.   I continued this with the next two flower dies until I had just the smallest flower left, which I cut out whole.  That way I could layer them on the card but not have as much weight or layers for the flower.  I inked up the edges and after I taped them down went around the flower and pinched the pedals so they would stand up a little for more depth in the card. I could have made it with a lot more depth and height  it I wanted too ..... but I wanted it to be able to be mailed easily.  I used a Copic Multi-liner and did some stiching around the edges of the card and the words.

Today I will be stamping with my TAC-ee ladies, a group of stampers I have been stamping with once a month for 10 or so years now.  We always have a good day .... hope you do too!