Friday, January 21, 2011

Bad to the Bone

 Some of you know me well enough to know that I am totally a DOG lover .... especially my own Gabby.  She is 6-7 (rescued) and part beagle and toy dachshund ... and the most loving animal alive. She has the markings and face of a beagle but the short legs and long body of a dachshund.  She is almost blind, not sure how close but I have seen the changes in the last few years so I guess I will just say she depends on me a lot for her lack of vision. But I love her and she is by number one BFF.

But on to this card ..... when TAC first came out with the fall supplement with all of the realistic dog images I was totally shocked!!!  They are all so lovable and really hit the heart with the emotions they show in their faces.  Like this one from the set Bad to the Bone.  He is so big and strong looking ..... but look at that face .... it just makes you melt!
I used pieces from TAC's Sydney Circle Album Kit for this card .... the circle and corner, and scrapes from the matching paper collection Penelope.  This is a really quick and easy card to make after you get the dog colored.  I have been coloring images in the evenings while I watch TV and then have them really to make card when I need them.

I colored with these Copic makers ...
 Notice I put little numbers on the top of my Ciao markers.  I have a sheet I found on the Internet with all of the numbers and I printed it off onto a sheet of labels.  Then punched them out with a 1/4" circle punch and put them on the brush end cap.  I then when one step farther and put Crystal Liquor on top so they would be sure to stay on.  It is so much easier to pick out the markers I want to use when I need them now.

*** I added a new Copic 101 class for next Thurs at one since my Wed class is filled.



 This card is about the same but I did not put on the circle.  This makes a great masculine card me thinks.

No comments: