Sunday, November 23, 2008
Fun Gift Card holders
These is a really cute little project to put your gift cards in for the holidays. It will hold 3-5 git cards if you are giving a WONDERFUL gift this holiday season or just one for the economic mined gifters. I got the idea from a friend, Yuki, who designed it herself. I used my own creative mind to make the embellishments. It can also be used to carry your personal business cards. Here are some quick directions and then you can embellish them how ever you would like. I am selling these at Jenniffer & Co. on Mentor and on my Etsy store.
Supplies: 3 1/2 x 5 1/2“ cardstock for base
2 x 5” cardstock for flap
Scissors, acrylics, adhesive, Inks, stamps, bone folder
Score-Pal, Cutter, Red line or Scor-tape
1. Score the base cardstock at 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 3 3/4" and 4” down the longest side
2. Score along the shorter side at 1/4" and 1/2”
3. Cut off of bottom sides except for the center section
4. Crease all folds and fold to make a little pouch and adhere together with strong tape
5. Score the flap cardstock at 1 1/2 and 1 3/4” crease and fold
6. Place business cards or gift card in base to get the height you need. Then attach the smaller
section of the flap to the back of the base
7. Decorate you you would like.
For the flower, which I think looks like a poinsettia, I used a five pedal pointed punch. I punched out two red and one green. The red ones I scored down the center of each of the petals and then pinched them together. I attach them with mounting cushion off centered and then added a 1/2" punched gold circle of cardstock and added gold Stickles. For the leaves, I cut the flower into two petals each and then attached to the back of the flower.
I had a nice craft show yesterday but was really really tired! I have one more this fall unless I find another one I would like to participate in before the holidays. It's been a fun season but busy! Hope you all have a happy and restful Sunday. Blessings