Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Enjoy the Basic Birds

I guess I didn't realize how long it has been since I have posted! Sorry about that. I really don't have a reason. Here is an Angelic K.I.S.S. for all of you. I used my favorite Mulberry Meadow Soar with It 6-pack paper for the background, border and paper piecing the birds. It paper piece you stamp the image, here I used Basic Birds, on the card and then a second time on a contrasting paper. Put double stick tape on the back of the contrasting paper and cut out the image. The stick it on over the first stamping on the card front. The secret ...shhhh... is that you need to go around the edges of the stamped image with a thin tipped Sharpie so the cut edge of the paper does not show. This really makes them pop! I cut a section of stripes from the border page to perch the birds on and popped up one of the double looped tags (the paper comes with a whole page of fun tags to play with) with the word 'enjoy' on it (from the same set) and two mini brads from In Bloom. By the way ... these match the papers beautifully!! I then added a few of the mini flowers for the label of the papers and paper pieced them on for accent. And it is done!!

Reminder to let me know if you are planning on attending my TAC-ee Creations Night on April 18 at 6 in Mentor. Six cards/projects with envelopes for $10. If you can not attend and would still like the projects we can do that too! Contact me.

Here's hoping all of the snow will finish melting today!! I want spring ... my golf league starts this Friday ... will it snow for it??? I have never played golf in the snow or in long pants for that matter. This will be interesting. Blessings

No comments: