Thursday, February 8, 2007


Today I will be working on writing my TAC-niques 13 class for Feb. This is my 13th month with this series!! I have three classes going each month and teach 7 techniques per month. I have had others ask about starting the series over again so I will be later this month!! If you can not attend, you can still learn from it, by sending a check for $15 before the class starts and I will make the samples for you and send them with the directions after I teach the class. I keep mine in a Rolodex box, taught to me by my talented downline Rita Holmes, but others keep them on index cards or in a book. I make the samples so they could also fit on the front of a card in case you need more card front ideas or want to use these for your card making. Here is a sample of one of the techniques I have taught. This technique is for all of you who love the distressed look but do not like to sand!

Faux Sanding (Taught to me by my friend and mentor Yuki)
Supplies: White core Matchmakers card stock
White Palette dye ink pad
Lightly run the white pad over the card stock until it looks sanded. Go around the corners or the edges too for a more finished look. This works better if using a dry pad. You can use a VersaMagic white if it is really dry (not recently re-inked)

For this sample I stamped the background with Well defined Backgrounds T-879 using charcoal Palette Ink and the large 'Love' is from Stylish Sentiments T-2568.

TAC-niques 13 Sunday Feb. 11 from 1-3:30 & Monday Feb. 12 from 10-12:30 & 6-8:30
TAC-niques 1 Sunday Feb. 18 from 2-4:30 & Monday Feb. 19 from 6-8:30
These are not sequential and do not need to be taken in order

No comments: