Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring flowers

I just needed some Spring last week so in my down time I stamped and die cut these Spring flowers and then colored them. On Sunday I put them together into cards.  I so love the look of the clean fresh look of Spring flowers .... I almost think I can smell them.  The stamps are from Stamping Sensation, the words are from TAC.  I colored them with my Copic markers and used the new beaded oval Spellbinders dies for them.  I am loving these!! There are so many things you can do with them.  Oh ... don't let me fool you ... it is only a two layer card ... the green edge matches the coloring since it is my Copic marker.  I had used different shades of green for it that did not match the paper as well so with Copic you can go over your work to change it ... so I added a little more YG instead of all G.  I do not think you can even tell.


For this one I added a lime green Spica Glitter pen for the stitching around it and a clear one to highlight the flower.


On the last one I made dots with the Copic fine liner and then was able to find I had ribbon that almost matched it.  I love this look.

If you are in the area and going to Adventures in Stamping in April remember my friend Pat and I are teaching a class using Copic markers.  Be sure to sign up for it if you have not already taken it.  I have a book of directions and samples to help you learn how to use your Copic that is included with the class, you can read more about it under 'Classes' at the top of this page.  I also send it to non-locals for a fee via email.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! These are just beautiful! Wonderful spring flowers!

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the spring colors.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Beautiful cards. I love the Spellbinders diecut. Awesome!